Top Reasons We to Playa del Carmen Mexico over all the other countries in the world.
Can I be frank? Meditation has kept me from beating people's ass and out of jail. I was always one of those people who would "pop off" over almost anything.
I once slapped a co-worker for eating the crust of my cheesecake, got out the car at a red light and attempted to fight a woman with her infant in the backseat who cut me off, egged a Whataburger employee for overcharging me for taquitos, and threw chicken nuggets on the manager at Wendy's. I even got into a fight at my girlfriend's wedding. I was absolutely nuts! The problem was I always felt my actions were justified. There were times when my actions even landed me in jail. But it wasn't until I was I found myself on probation for 5 years for unrelated charges that I realized I needed to get my life! Something had to change and that something was me. I had to get to the root of the problem, and I realized I was just a product of my environment. Growing up I witnessed my mom, jumped over the counter and choke a man at a clothing store and molly wop a lady in her own home, amongst other things. My father was also abusive to myself and my mother. So I just thought violence was the answer until I did my inner work and realized I had a lot of healing to do. Who was I really angry at? Was it the people in traffic? Or was it my parents? Once I got to the bottom of this I was able to release this anger. I started meditating and eventually saw a huge difference in how I reacted to conflict.
Meditation is a spiritual tool used for bringing balance to all aspects of life. Meditation enriches the spirtual, mental, physical and emotional bodies and is the portal to the essence of the universe.
Here are the emotional benefits of meditation
1. Controls anger
2. Promotes full perception
3. Increases sociable behavior
4. Eliminates worry
5. Builds tolerance
6. Encourages constructive confrontation
7. Promotes happiness
8. Helps with self-actualization
9. Helps with understanding others
10. Reduces emotional stress
11. Promotes forgiveness
12. Stabilizes emotional responses
13. Increases intimate contact
14. Eliminates aggression
15. Encourages responsibility
16. Increases composure
17. Develops emotional maturity
18. Brings peace to purpose
19. Increases compassion
20. Eliminates depression
21. Eliminates despondency
22. Reserves sadness
Have you tried mediation? If so how has it changed your life?
I don’t trust many of the store bought milk substitutions because of the ingredient list. They are highly processed and many contain carrageenan and synthetic vitamins. Most recipes require soaking the nuts and then straining with a nut bag. When I found a recipe that did not require soaking and straining I was elated!
I found the original recipe on Ty’s Conscious Kitchen but adapted it to my liking.
5 tbsp. Hemp Seeds
5 cups Alkaline Water
1/2 tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt
3 dates ( more if you want it sweeter)
1 tbsp of unrefined coconut oil
Add all items to your Nutri-bullet or Vitamix then blend for 2-3 mins until its thick and creamy. You can also add vanilla to make Vanilla Hemp Milk. This will last 3-5 days in the fridge and you can use it for smoothies, baking, sauces or in cereal or tea.
This makes about 52 oz of milk. You can make less if you want.
We have power over our peace, but too many of us relinquish our peace to outside sources. I grew up in complete chaos, and for most of my life I had no idea what peace was or how to achieve it. So I lived a life full of drama. It wasn't until I started doing my inner work, that I started to obtain peace, now you can't even have piece of my peace. I keep my peace in the following ways.
1. Dissolve Negative Thoughts
I killed my inner hater bish by practicing affirmations, releasing anything else that no longer serves me. Kill the negative self talk, replace each negative thought with a positive one, when a negative thought comes to mind say " thank you, but I don't need you." But honor your feelings.
2. Be Present
The only reality is now. The best time of our lives is in the present moment, not in the future and not in the past. We restore inner balance when we live in the now. Not being present causes most of our anxiety.
3. Set Clear Boundaries
Learn to say no, or even hell nah when you don't want to say yes. Don't be afraid to speak up. Stop allowing people to walk all over you. So many times we want to please everyone that we aren't pleasing ourselves, then we get upset when others don't do the same for us. Remember, we teach people how to treat us.
4. Release Toxic People, Places or Things.
The easiest way to destroy your peace is to remain in toxic relationships, whether it's a lover that cheats, disrespects you or a friend that doesn't respect your boundaries. Many times we hold on to people for far too long, thinking everyone is supposed to be in our lives forever. Some people are just in our lives for seasons and reasons. Each and every time I removed someone toxic from my life, my life improved in huge ways. Don't fear being alone, fear being around toxic people who don't add value to your life. You can't worry about whether this will hurt the other person's feeling, especially if they hurt you.
5. Stop being petty!
Choose peace over pettiness. I know that the internet glorifies pettiness but what you put out into the universe comes back to you. If you are messy you will have a life of mess, if you are peaceful you will have a life of peace. Our vibe attracts our tribe.
6. Drink Tea instead of Spilling the Tea
Gossip steals your peace, talking about what others are doing takes time from you living your best life. Peaceful people don't gossip. And herbal teas are very beneficial, calming, relaxing, and good for the soul.
7. Hit that unfollow button.
It's there for a reason, how many times have you gotten bothered by someone's post on social media? If someone online energy bothers you, unfollow them. I do it all the time. When people are constantly posting negative things, fights, violence, drama, pettiness, I unfollow them. It's not rude, it's good for your well being.
8. Be true to You!
There's no future in fronting. Live fully and freely. Speak your truth, live your truth. Don't be afraid to live your life on your terms and no one has to agree with it! ( As long as you aren't causing harm to others obviously.) Some people have allowed life to just happen to them, so they end up in circumstances that don't allow them to live fully and freely so they wish this upon others. Do what's best for you, and not what others think is best for you.
HOW DO YOU RECLAIM or PROTECT YOUR PEACE? Comment below, let's chat.
As a music lover, I use it as therapy. The American Association of Music Therapy defines music therapy as "an established healthcare profession that uses music to address physical, emotional, cognitive social needs of individuals of all ages. Music therapy improves the quality of life for persons who are well and meets the needs of children and adults with disabilities of illnesses."
Here's my Self-Love Playlist.
1. Masterpiece - Jazmine Sullivan
2. Video- India Arie
This song got me thru middle school.
3. Holy - Jamila Woods
Alone doesn't equal lonely. I really enjoy my solitude.
4. Q.U.E.E.N - Janelle Monae (feat. Erykah Badu)
5. Cleva- Erykah Badu
This song will definitely have you feeling yourself.
6. I Am Light - India Arie
7. Be Happy - Mary J. Blige
8. Happy Being Me -Angie Stone
9. Higher Than This - Lesdi
This song gets me in the groove.
10. Stronger - Des'ree
This is a classic!
11. I Can't Stand the Rain - Missy Elliot
For when you need to feel fly, super flyyyy.
I'm Bossy - Kelis
You can't NOT feel yourself while listening to Bossy, hell even if you have a boss and work a normal 9-5.
What's your favorite self-love song? Comment below.
20. I was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA.
19. I met my husband on Instagram.
18. I'm a true Gemini. Sun, Moon & Rising. Born 5/30 at 5:30am
17. Tyra Banks once told me I would always look youthful because I have "baby teeth"
16. My favorite beverage is water with a hint of lime.
15. I was the baby until I was 12, then came my little brother. There's four of us
14. From 18-21 my goal was to become a reality star. I tried out for Real World, Bad Girls Club and went on the Tyra Banks show. After seeing how they edited my story I was totally turned off from reality TV and a part of me died.
13. I haven't seen most popular movies, I hardly watch movies, they are an emotional rollercoaster for me.
12. I will never move to a city that snows again. Faced two blizzards in Philly the week that I moved there. my motto is " If there's snow, I won't go!"
11. I get cold easily and I think A/C makes it too cold.
10. I crave solitude daily. I must spend time alone to recharge.
9. People describe me as a social butterfly but I'm actually quite awkward in social setting. I prefer one on one engagement rather than crowds.
8. I love people who create, I'm fascinated by artist.
7. I'm an empath & sometimes I wish I wasn't.
6. I rather listen to music than watch TV.
5. I cry very easily. But tougher than most.
4. I believe in magic & miracles
3. I see the bright side to everything.
2. I used to win things on the radio often.
1. I don't drink soda of any kind.
0. I'm very sensitive to noises& hate buzzing mosquitos the most.